About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Monday, April 23, 2012

Black Embossing Paste and Gold Leaf


A little while ago my friend Yvonne and I were playing in my craft room and she showed me a very interesting technique with gold leafing, a stencil and black embossing paste.  This card was created by first rubbing gold leaf material on to a card size piece of sticky paper that was attached to a piece of card stock. Once the gold leafing covered the card entirely the stencil was placed over the foiled area and taped down.  The open areas of the stencil were filled with black embossing paste then the stencil was removed and the card was left to dry. The embossing paste and stencil were both products of Dream Weavers. I will have to experiment some more with this technique.  It has an interesting effect.
Thanks for stopping by.  Have a creative day.

Judy

1 comment:

  1. OMG, this is really stunning! I haven't heard of embossing paste before. Will want to check this out!

    ReplyDelete