About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Paint Dabbers and Distress Inks - Day 4




I created this tag for day four as card captain at Michael Strong Rubber Stamps using Mike’s dragonfly rubber stamp again along with several different rubber stamps. I recently had purchased some distress ink stains and wanted to try them on a tag.

I first stamped the tag with a couple of Mike’s dragonflies using Pearl Adirondack’s Metallic Acrylic Paint Dabber. I then rubbed three different colours of distress stains on the tag. The Acrylic Paint Dabbers act as a resist and make an interesting pattern on the tag.

I then stamped a couple of different background stamps with Stazon Ink. To complete the tag I added a dragonfly stamped on black paper with the Pearl Acrylic Paint.

Come join us at Yahoo Group, Enjoy Michael Strong Stamps. Have a creative day.

 

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment