About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Monochromatic Color Challenge

Monochromatic color is the theme of this week’s Come and Get it Challenges. Fred She Said Designs is the sponsor of this challenge and that means there is a prize to win. Fred, She Said Designs offers a wide variety of digital products with a floral flair and cute characters too - digi’s, pre-colored images, papers, sets, Fred’s flower kits, and even digital cutting files.  Have some fun with Fred!


I chose to use one of Fred She Said’s flower sets called Daisies Outline. This is a wonderful set which contains 4 different borders along with several different flowers and leaves already to print in different sizes for layering.


For the butterfly I used  a die cut which I colored with the same blue glitter pen that I outlined the flowers and background with.  I used a border punch was by Martha Stewart to add some layering interest.

Come join the fun at Come and Get It this week.  If you need some inspiration check out the blogs of the rest of the creative design team.


Judy


Stampin for the Weekend Challenge -  Anything Goes
Love to Create Challenge - Lots of Layers
Dilly Bean Challenge – Anything Girl
Lady Bug Crafts Monthly Challenge -  Monochrome

2 comments:

  1. Stunning card Judy. Its beautiful and I love the flower. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, love the design, thanks for joining our challenge at Ladybug crafts, Gaynor x

    ReplyDelete