About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Twins are having a Birthday





My niece's little boys, Edwin and Alex  are turning one next month and I wanted to make them  individual cards to celebrate the day.  I wanted the cards to be similar but different.

I searched my stash of digital images and found these two images.  The first card of the little boy and the frog is by Fred, She Said Designs and the frog sitting on the garden pot is by Polycraft Digital Stamps. I tried to use similar colours on the cards and drew in some grass and a flower on the one card.  

I coloured the cards with my Copic Marker, edged the cards with Distress Inks  and added some Diamond Glaze on the frogs' eyes to make them stand out.  I added a sentiment and a bow to complete the card.  

The card reminds me that spring is just around the corner.  

I hope they enjoy the card and now all I have to do to is to wrap the small gift I have for them. 

Thank you stopping by and have a wonderful day.


Judy

I would like to enter these cards in the following challenges;


Send a Smile for Kids - Easter/spring Cards 4 Kids
Card Crafter's Circle -Springtime
Inspire Me Fridays – Anything Goes

1 comment:

  1. What lovely creations....both! Love the way you made them similar, but different....we have twin grandkiddles, so I have the same dilemma, ha!....but you made it look easy...they are terrific! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Card Crafter's Circle....good luck in the draw!

    ReplyDelete