About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Out of the Recycle Bin


I am the host of this week's challenge at Come and Get It and I thought it would be fun to challenge everyone to find something in your recycle bin to add to your card. I had this wonderful gift wrap paper that came on a gift I received awhile ago.  I thought it had an inspiring design.

I embossed my two trees with gold embossing powder to tie the trees to the design of the wrapping paper and coloured them with sparkling water colours.


Show us what you have found in your recycling bin and join us at Come and Get It this week.      


Judy

3 comments:

  1. Great idea using the wrapping paper, Judy! I like the hint of blue around the edges of your gold EP, too! Lovely card. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job recycling your wrapping paper Judy, great card.....thanks for hosting the challenge!


    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.•´ ..•´ Shell in Alaska♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab choice of challenge Judy and super card, love that paper!
    Natx

    ReplyDelete