About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Friday, March 1, 2013

Sewing Project

The Yahoo The Rubber Inkers are having a technique card swap this month and the technique is paper piercing.  I have been wanting to use this Tim Holtz stamp set that I purchased awhile ago and thought these stamps would be great with this technique.

My starting point was the background paper I had in my collection that had a ruler design on it. I also used several other coordinating pattern papers for the card, stamping some images on to the pattern paper and arranging them into a collage.  I then paper pierced around my sentiment and then with a needle and thread I stitched around the sentiment. 
I used Tea Dye Distress Ink edge the project and added some black bling to complete the project. 

Thank you for stopping by today.  Remember to do some creative for yourself and have a wonderful day.


Judy

I would like to enter this card in the following swaps:
Divas by Design - Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty - Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Judy! LOVE how you redesigned the paper and added your stitching. Looks great! It is a great collage card, using all the elements for sewing - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy, oh my that is just gorgeous! Love the image and vintage feel.

    Thanks for joining in with us at Divas by Design this week.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our challenge over at Penny's. "Anything goes" had been the theme of our LAST challenge, this week it is "use your favourite colour" though…
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge on Wednesday.

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

    ReplyDelete