About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Distressed Stains

I made this Steampunk card for a card swap  at Technique Junkies and I just mailed it off to my partner.  This was a fun technique (June/July issue) where you add three colours of Distress Stains to an embossing folder and then add wet paper and emboss.  I love how the stains react to the water and the card stock.  It is such as soft looking background.  

The rubber stamp is by Stampendous and the wheel clogs at by Tim Holtz. 

Thank you for stopping by to take a look.


Judy

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks -  Let's Here it for the Boys 
Squigglefly -  Embossing
Lady Anne's Stamp Challenge -  - Anything goes

 Incy Wincy Designs - Things with Wings
Rhedd & Rosie's Challenge Blog -  Anything goes

10 comments:

  1. That embossed bg is fabulous and goes so perfect with your image! Such a cool card - very trendy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, thanks for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome "for the boys" card! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore the background! Great coloring too! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is gorgeous! Thanks for joining in our Squigglefly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - what a fabulous technique! Thanks so much for joining us this month at the Lady Anne Stamp Challenge and we hope to see you again soon, Elizabeth (DT)
    Lady Anne Stamp Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for playing our "Here it for the Boys" Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job!

    Leanne DT!
    4 Crafty Chicks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card - the background is fab! Many thanks for entering the Rhedd and Rosie's Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card! I love the owl and how you highlighted it with the fabulous colors. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant technique, thanks for sharing that! Love the finished result. Thanks for joining in the fun at Rhedd & Rosies.
    Hugs
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete