About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Greetings from Paradise


Hello,  my turn at  Come and Get It Challenges to chose this weeks challenge and it is a "travel" theme challenge.  This opens up a lot of choice for a card this week.  

When I thought of what I was going to make for this challenge I had a few ideas and settled on this post card inspired card.  The card is a collage of several different images, both rubber stamped and digital. The beach house and the sending you sunshine sentiment are by Make It Crafty, the post card image is by Tim Holtz and the flowers  and paradise sentiment are from a set of unmounted travel  rubber stamps.  To complete my card I coloured the image with my Copic Markers and added some bling.  

Hope you will join our challenge this week.  If you need some inspiration hop over to the Come and Get It Blog and see the beautiful cards the reset of the design team made to inspire you.  Thanks for stopping by.


Judy

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:



QKR Stampede Challenge – Anything Goes
Milk Coffee Challenge – Bon Voyage Vacation
The Paper Shelter Challenge -  Holiday Time 
Patties Creations Challenge - Anything Goes  
Sweet Stampin Challenge – Journeys, Travel or Destinations

4 comments:

  1. WOW - looks like paradise to me and I wanna go!!! :D

    Cute card; love the image!

    Thank you for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity!

    ~Michele, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, I could do with being in paradise right about now! Great card, love your image.

    Thank you for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super postcard!

    Thanks for sharing it at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh....I would give my right arm to be in a warm & sunny paradise at this second!
    Thanks for playing with us at Sweet Stampin' this week, Pia x.

    ReplyDelete