About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Shabby Chic Challenge at Fitztown


This is the shabby chic card I made for this week's challenge at Fitztown, hope it inspires you to join in the challenge. I used this elegant vintage Fitztown image  that I paper pieced her dress and distressed the pattern papers I layered her on.  

To carry on the shabby chic theme I then added a bow made out of some antique gold seam binding and old lace in black and gold  that I found in our local thrift store.  To complete the card I added a fancy die cut by Spellbinders' Heartfelt Creations called Ornate Gateway and some bling. 

Now it is your turn to make your shabby chic card, there still lots of time left to join in on this challenge, just create your card and enter it here

Thanks for stopping by. 

Judy
I am entering my card in the following challenges:

Through The Craft Room Door -Always Anything Goes 
Crafting from the Heart -Always Anything Goes
Ditzie Digi Designs Anything Goes (week 3)
Through the Purple Haze - Anything but a Square
That Craft Place -Anything 

9 comments:

  1. Oh Judy, I absolutely love the elegance of this card. The colours are so chic and your ribbons and die cuts so fitting. I'm in awe of your paper piecing of the image's dress ...... The drape and flow is enviable. This card is gorgeous Judy and I've thoroughly enjoyed admiring it. Ingrid xx ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super elegant card.......it all just fits so perfectly....love your style lol but lovely card all together.

    Fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what an elegant card design.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an elegant card!! I think it is just stunning!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome elegant card! Love the design and image is perfect! Beautiful. Thanks for joining Through the Purple Haze Challenge.

    Hugs
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card. I love the black and gold.. Thanks for joining us over at TTPH..
    DT Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there a lovely elegant card it looks so chic. Thankyou for joining our challenge this week at Crafting from the heart.
    Hugs
    Fiona
    DT/co-owner x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the Silver, Gold and Black colors together. Fantastic Card. Thank you for sharing your work with TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, Thank you for joining us at Ditzie Digi Designs. Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeep Crafting Katie DT xx

    ReplyDelete