About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Monday, July 21, 2014

Deck the Halls

Holly Jolly Christmas Challenges is having a "Deck the Halls" challenge this week and this is my card for the challenge.



I used one of our sponsor The Stamping Boutique's image for this card.  The image is called Princess Jennifer Latte Decorating the Tree image.  You can find the image I used here.

I decided to use non-traditional Christmas colours for my card.  I thought they suited the princess.  I coloured my card with Copics and a silver pen  and then added some Diamond Glaze to give the Christmas balls some texture and shine. To add some  sparkle to the tree and her little black party dress I added silver  and black glitter.

Thank you for stopping by and have a very creative day.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Clear It Out : Christmas In July,
Stash: Glittery Sparkly Things  (paper, glitter)
Cards Galore Encore - Use a Digi or Rubber Stamp 
Sparkles Forum Challenges - Christmas in July  
A girl who crafts -ANYTHING GOES
Going Grey With Scrap-Creations Christmas In July 
Digi Choosday Challenge - Christmas In July
Die Cuttin' Divas -Christmas In July

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Judy, this is WAY too cute and I love the color scheme! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Digi Choosday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I love your card it made me smile. It is so nice to see a non traditional card now and again. Thanks for joining in the fun at Sparkles Forum. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for entering this beautiful Creation in the anything goes challenge at A Girl who Crafts.
    Floss
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh such a cute Girly Christmas card. Love how you have done the garland!

    Thanks for joining us in our Christmas in July challenge at Digi Choosday Crafting Vicky (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your little diva and her pink Christmas tree Judy! Wonder what she expects to get for Christmas, lol!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sparkles this month, hope to see you again.

    Hugs
    Brenda B
    Sparkles DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. how much fun is your card
    Thank you for joining us for our Christmas in July Challenge at Digi Choosday
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab and fun card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Sparkles we hope to see you again!

    Love From Rebecca xx
    DT

    ReplyDelete