About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Monday, December 1, 2014

Re-cycle,Re-Purpose, Re-invent - Anything Goes with Recycling








Christmas is coming and I made this Christmas scene in my book case for the holidays and for the Anything Goes challenge (must be recycling) at  Recycle, Re-Purpose and Re-Invent. 
All of the digital images that I used in the Christmas scene are from the Christmas collection of CS Designs and can be found here.  I specially love the angel. 
I used some small white Christmas trees that I used in a previous years project that I sprayed with Elmers glue and sprinkled with green glitter.  I used some blocks of wood from my hubby`s scrap pile for the presents and the large tree sentiment. The wrapping and ribbon are recycled Christmas scraps. 
To complete the scene I added some little blocks and shredded some white plastic bags for the snow.  Hope you enjoy my project.  Pop over to the  Recycle, Re-Purpose and Re-Invent blog to see the creations of the rest of the design team. Hope you will join in. 
Have a great holiday season and we hope to see you back here again in 2015.  
I am entering my project in the following challenges:

Altered Eclectics - Altered Art
Cracked Mirror - Christmas Decorations
Craft Hoarders Anonymous - Celebrate the Season
Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes w/Optional Create a Calendar
Robyn`s Fetish -Anything Goes
Scribble and Scrap - Always Anything Goes
Ooh La La Creations - Christmas
Through the Purple Haze -  Anything Goes
Whoopsi Daisy - Anything Goes

My Sheri Craft - O Christmas Tree

26 comments:

  1. Fantastic Christmas display you made, the small trees are perfect and the blocks too! Great use of Chris images! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great too!
    Thanks for entering our Anything Goes Challenge again at Not Just Cards!
    Monica - DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my.....what an amount of work and its just beautiful....so well made and well just fab.

    Fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful decorating scene! It is quite lovely! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts!

      Delete
  4. Fabulous Christmas scene. It must have taken you ages to complete it. Thank you for sharing it with us at OLL challenges Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great little scenery you have made, Judy!! A lot of work but well worth it!
    Thanks for joining the fun at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely Christmas Scene you have really paid attention to detail. Thanks for joining our anything Goes Challenge at Whoopsi Daisy and good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your recycled Christmas scene! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your christmas scene:0) Thanks for joining the mixed media challenge at TMC!
    grtz Jolanda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Christmas scene thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy Challenge Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous display,love it :)
    Thanks for joining us at Altered Eclectics
    Big hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty scene, thanks for joining us at the Mirror Crack'd and good luck with the challenge, Angela R. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore your angels. Such a cute project.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely project thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful Christmas scene! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty scene you have created here! I love the plastic "snow" and how clever of you to use wood scraps to create presents under the tree. The angels are adorable! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your scene! Your angels are adorable. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really enjoyed your scene. Great to see things re-cycled. Thank You for sharing with us over at The Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog.

    Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Christmas Scene, so festive...Thanks for joining us on the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab, fun and funky! Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely idea, so involved thanks for sharing....

    Andrea TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so cute! What a great idea! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a fantastic project! Great job! Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the angel and those cute blocks from the off cuts of wood are sweet.
    Thanks so much for taking the time to join our challenge at Ooh La La.

    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a sweet Christmas display! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for sharing this with us Judy... IT IS FABULOUS HUN XX

    ReplyDelete