About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Monday, January 19, 2015

Not Just Cards Anything Goes Challenge

Welcome to Not Just Cards second “anything goes” challenge for 2015.  We have some great sponsors this week and so great prizes for some luck winners.   I have made three projects for this challenge showing some examples of the projects you can make with the fabulous images of our sponsors. 

Napkin holder




I made this napkin holder from a box I found at a garage sale sometime ago and thought that it would make a nice napkin holder for our table in our RV.    I used an image from Eureka Stamps , one of our sponsors.  The image is called -butterfly and sunflower and can be found here.  

I printed my image on watercolour paper and coloured the image with my watercolour crayons.  I liked the effect of the crayons for this projects.  I glued the image to the white box, added my matching napkins and a butterfly to complete the project. 

Welcome Home gift bag




I made this quick little gift Welcome Home bag from a pre-made gift bag that I recycled from my stash.   I thought this sponsor’s house image from SLSLines called Whimsical House was the prefect image for the project.  I cut my image and background using a couple of stitch dies, coloured the house with copic makers, added some bling and a bow to complete the bag.  


Bottle tag



I used this love potion image by  Stitchy Bear for my Love Potion No. 9 bottle tag. Do you remember the song Love Potion No.9.   Do you know how long ago the song came out. It was written in 1959 and made popular by several artist. . 
 I found this interesting old bottle at the thrift store and had it in my stash waiting for just the right project. The image was coloured with Copic markers, gelli pen and diamond glaze was added for some texture. 

Thank you for stopping by and have a creative day.  Do not forget to stop by the Not Just Cards blog to see the designs of the rest of the design team and check out the sponsors and there great images.

No comments:

Post a Comment