About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Mad Court Jester



Don't you just love this Mad Court Jester image from SLS Lines, one of the sponsors this week at Not Just Cards. I thought he was just adorable.  It was lots of fun to colour him with my Copics. I love to use bright colours.

Once I had printed my image on to my paper I created a mask to protect the image and layered acrylic paint using my Gelli plate and a couple of different stencils. It was lots of fun to colour the jester with my Copics. I love to use bright colours.  To make my image stand out from my colourful background I used a charcoal pencil to outline the image.  

To complete my journal page I used distressed ink around the edges of the page and layered it on red cardstock. 

I decided later to add my page to my journal book and edged the page with a similar design. I added a sentiment and the with Stazon Ink added the word Joker.  This is what my finished page looked like.




Thank you for stopping by and join us this week at Not Just Cards.  

I am entering this journal page in the following challenges:

Altered Eclectics  - Anything Goes (Altered Art/Mix Media only)

2 Creative Chicks - Anything Goes (no cards)
SLS Lines Challenge - Anything Goes
Art-Journal-Journey - Favorite Poems and Quotes (Altered Art/Mix Media only)
Scribble and Scrap -  #43 Always:  Anything Goes
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - Anything Goes (Mixed Media Altered Art / Mixed Media ONLY)

No comments:

Post a Comment