About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Altered Christmas Themed Kleenex Box


The purple team at Eclectic Ellapu this month has a Jingle Bell theme for their challenge and I created this mixed media altered Kleenex box.  

This is the acrylic Kleenex box I started with that I found at a thrift store.   


I painted my box with gesso then collages a Christmas bell napkin to the box and stamped the box with a Christmas musical stamp. To complete the project I added gold leaf to the edges of the box, gems, bells and a trumpet. 


Pop over to our challenge blog to see the inspiring creations of the talented design team.  The pink team also have a challenge this month and their theme is anything Christmas albeit a card or a gift for someone in your life. 

Thank you for stopping by.  Have a creative month.  Wishing you and your family a Happy Holidays and we will see you back here in February.  

1 comment:

  1. Judy, Judy, Judy another stunning project - I love your art so much xx

    ReplyDelete