About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Friday, September 1, 2017

Altered Eclectic September Challenge


Time for another great challenge at Altered Eclectics this month.  This challenge blog is anything goes as long as it is mixed media or altered art.  

This is my project for September, an altered box. 

I stenciled a pattern on my box then covered the entire outside of my box with black gesso.  Next I added some findings that I had been collecting.  The findings included pins, flowers, shells leaves, gears, buttons etc.  

This is part way through the project. I forgot to take a before picture.



I added a layer of black gesso on top of the findings and when I had everything covered in layer of the gesso I added sprays and mica powders for colour. 


closer look




Inside the box


Hope you enjoyed my project.  Pop over to our challenge blog to enjoy the projects of our talented design team.  Thank you for stopping by and have a  creative week. 

3 comments:

  1. A gorgeous box, love that mica on black. CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning box, the colours are lovely.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Judy! Especially like how the sprays show their colours on the black. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete